Coriandr / Forum » General Category » Chit Chat » Christmas Coriandr Express
kelo-lt Theme designed by padexx
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Christmas Coriandr Express    (Read 6873 times)
Ruby Spirit Designs

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2009, 08:41:24 pm »

Blimey Mich, how does your brain even function at that time in the morning?!
Makes sense to me, less complicated than it sounds! Smiley
TomatoTea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2009, 09:48:16 am »

Brill stuff Mich! The fact that each seller will be promoted EVERY day is amazing Cheesy
We may have to do it with just the 8 of us if no one else signs up in the next week or so :/ Then again, everyone seems super busy gearing up for Christmas anyway and can't devote much more time which is completely understandable.

What does everyone else think? Shall we just go ahead with the eight of us using Mich's timetable? This will give us more time to prep ourselves ready and make this 2 week trip a massive hit.
Or should we wait to see if anyone else wishes to join?
Ruby Spirit Designs

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2009, 10:35:42 am »

What about a last couple of days plugging on twitter/facebook/forum etc with a 'last chance to sign up' message & a deadline date? Some people might be intending to join when they get around to it, maybe a gentle prompt is just what's needed! Smiley
PiratePixieCrew

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2009, 10:48:42 am »

Mich that's a great idea.

I think we should just get on with it. After tweeting and emailing some people and getting little response I don't think we will be getting any more people signing up, but I'm happy to do more tweeting with a cut off date if it will help.

I've given up on the treasure hunt/give-away idea, as I have had such little interest. Maybe we should try again after Christmas with that idea. Maybe we could go for a Valentines day give away or something like that. People do seem to me to be busy doing other stuff right now.

How about we set up a promotions group, with a mailing list and a separate forum? That way when one person comes up with an idea they can email everyone else that is a member and see who wants to join in, also we can use the forum to bounce back and forth ideas and report back what has worked and what hasn't. It would just make organising new strategies swifter and it would make tracking what works and what doesn't easier. To cold message people here asking them if they want to join in with promotions could be considered spam but if people sign up for the news letters etc we know they are willing to be involved.

Ruby Spirit Designs

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2009, 11:02:07 am »

That's a great idea Lynne, count me in!
TomatoTea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2009, 08:04:06 pm »

I'm up for giving people a little more time to sign up. Depends on when we want to get going though Cheesy

And sign me up for the promotions group. My sister had a 'Not On The High Street' Catalougue come through her letterbox recently and I though we could do that for Coriandr! Too late this year, but for next year maybe Cheesy If we all chipped in a few quid (i'm talking less than a tenner), took awesome photographs, perhaps have seller profiles or something, we could get some printed up and distribute them ourselves in our own areas. Although i'm not sure what the rules are for posting such things in peoples letter boxes are seeing as its for our own gain.

Anyway, i went off on a complete tangent there and thats for another time/thread/chat/something Smiley
myfuroshiki

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2009, 06:12:32 am »

Some great ideas - sign me up for the promotions group too, please.

I'm away for the next couple of days so am happy to go with the flow on how we proceed with the Christmas Coriandr Express.

Mich

PiratePixieCrew

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2009, 09:05:11 am »

Ok any preference on what type of forum I set up? It needs to be free as I don't have the funds to pay for forum hosting. Do you want anything other than just a simple forum? Galleries etc?

I personally don't have a huge amount of spare time to commit to a full website type thing, like Ning site, so would prefer just to have a basic forum for discussion, setting up new promotion groups and getting feedback on what's working. I could set it up as private members only board so that only members can read it and reply. That would help to prevent it being hit with a whole host of spam. Would any others of you want to be in a team of admin for the forum? I envisage it being kept neat, tidy and too the point, so that members only need to pop by for 5 mins to know exactly what is going on. If it were to become a place full of chat and junk it would defeat the purpose of doing it for me, so I'm going to need help in keeping it sorted out.

TomatoTea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2009, 10:04:22 am »

A free forum is all thats needed for now i reckon, just to get things going.
Keeping it private/members only is a good idea too. I wonder if its possible to do invite only? Theres bound to be people who sign up just to spam or to have a nose hehe!
Happy to be a admin to keep things tidy Smiley
PiratePixieCrew

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2009, 12:04:10 pm »

Yep invite only is probably do-able. I'll have a look around this evening to see what on offer for free and set something up. I'll be back here to link it when it's done.

Mean while, does anyone know of a newsletter sign up widget type thing I can use? I can manually collate the emailing list but it would be easier to just have a widget/tool of some sort do it and let me mass email people. If I'm sounding a bit vague today I apologise but my brain is a bit foggy and I can't seem to find the right words for things.

I think I need more cups of tea and a poke with a sharp pointy stick.

Thanks for offering to be an admin TT Smiley

TomatoTea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2009, 03:03:03 pm »

Yep invite only is probably do-able. I'll have a look around this evening to see what on offer for free and set something up. I'll be back here to link it when it's done.

Mean while, does anyone know of a newsletter sign up widget type thing I can use? I can manually collate the emailing list but it would be easier to just have a widget/tool of some sort do it and let me mass email people. If I'm sounding a bit vague today I apologise but my brain is a bit foggy and I can't seem to find the right words for things.

I think I need more cups of tea and a poke with a sharp pointy stick.

Thanks for offering to be an admin TT Smiley

Sounds good! The less spam the better for everyone Smiley

How about MailChimp? The free membership allows 500 subscribers and up to 3000 email sent a month - thats more than enough for us at the moment i reckon  Grin I think i'll have a play later as i've never actually used it.

I'll make the next round of tea Cheesy
CakesknitsandCosies

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2009, 11:53:14 am »

I think the free site sounds like a great idea.My daughter is an artist and she often works in collaboration with other artists. She's doing an event over this weekend where a number of local artists and crafters are selling and displaying their work. They've advertised locally so hoping for a good turnout. Working together can really help each other to become more widely known and appreciated, and an event like this helps draw in the public.

Perhaps in time we could do a craft event - somewhere central? Something to think about for the future. Count me in on the free site and please don't hesitate to tell me if there's anything you want me to do or be in charge of. Lynne xx
PiratePixieCrew

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2009, 10:48:19 am »

Right, I have signed up for a free forum and am setting up the lay out and structure of it. As soon as I'm done I will link you all to it so you can join.

So far it is set up so only members can read and post. This can be changed if needed, but for now it means that only members will see what's on the board. I haven't managed to find a setting on this board that makes it invite only, but that's probably me just missing some setting somewhere. I'm fairly busy for the rest of today and will be out this evening, so it will probably be a few days before it's all done.

Thanks!

PiratePixieCrew

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2009, 08:19:06 am »

Ok at last I have sorted out most of the forum. It will probably evolve to have more subsections as people figure out how they want to use the place.

http://handmadebusiness.freeforums.org/

Sadly as it is free we get ad's on it, but hey that's the cost of free.
I have made it so I manually have to approve each person joining, for now so we can prevent spammers joining, and the forum is set so no one but members can read or post. It may take me a few hours to approve you because I'm not going to be on-line all that much at the moment. If I can get a few people to come forward and offer to be mod's it will speed up that process.

Remember this isn't just for Coriandr sellers, so invite your handmade seller friends to join too.

Ruby Spirit Designs

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2009, 10:43:45 am »

I've signed up Lynne Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
« previous next »
Jump to: